Saturday 22 March 2014

Tzeentch Imperator Titan.

 
 

I started this conversion over 15 years ago when I was actually inspired by it, then it languished for a couple of decades as I was put off by the daunting painting that would be required. Eventually I decided to make it easier by painting it mostly metallic (which would also suit the theme well), and finished it off. I did an airbrush basecoat of Ironbreaker (diluted with 1/3 glaze medium), basecoated all the coloured areas, then airbrushed a coat of undiluted Nuln Oil for primary shading, then started the painting proper. Because it was almost entirely metallic, I tried to get a lot of different colours and textures in the metals: faint turquoise for the armour, dulled rust for the mechanics, glossy and oily for the pistons, clean and shiny for the weapons, and sparkly and colourful for the towers. I also tried to blend the bone sections into the metals for a biomechanical look.

Spare picture for Bitz Id...


No comments:

Post a Comment