Saturday 9 December 2017

Barbarian and Witchhunter


I painted things! Two of the better (i.e. less hideously-over-designed-by-committee-themeless-cartoon-mashup-bollox) figures from Games Workshop in recent years, and the quality of the design came out when I was painting them. Of course there's always a concept, the initial concept for the Witchhunter was "purple and copper" and for the Barbarian it was "cold-ish". Then I decided to paint them in the same colours and it was an interesting challenge working out which colours would be suitable on which bits of two differently themed figures. I made some subtle differences, i.e. the Barbarian metals have rust and verdigris and blood, the Witchhunter ones have a very faint oily wash to evoke serviced machinery. I liked the jade as a spot colour and indeed the overall result :)





No comments:

Post a Comment